Sunday 1 June 2014

I have never... done watersports with my daughter

It's a bit of a stretch because I have canoed before, even if the the last time was 20 years ago. Last time I fell in.

This time I did it with my daughter and we both stayed in the boat. Which was a benefit since I wasn't wearing a wetsuit.

It was a short 30 minute trip where I did most of the work and we had very few obstacles to contend with. Just a few waves made by the speedboat. We went in one of those too as a family and squealed our way around the lake.

It struck me when thinking about things I could do for this challenge that there are lots of things I have done already. But not since I was a child. Being an adult has knocked some of the play and adventure out of me.

But a whole new world of possibility is opening up to us as a family now the girls are getting older. I can canoe again. With my family this time.

Give us a couple of years and we will be canoeing to Wildcat Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment