Friday 23 May 2014

Painting something on something to make, well something.

So I've worked out the first problem with this challenge.

I should have set a start date in about three months time so I could plan things. I have a list of things as long as my arm but most of them take planning to some extent. Even if it's just waiting for the instructor to get back to me, booking an appointment of some sort or just allowing for a bit of procrastination for the scary stuff.

This week was extremely busy and I was floundering a little. I ended up doing something crafty. I don't really do craft so it did tick all the boxes even if it wasn't the trickiest thing in the world. Let me break it down in case you ever want to replicate my master piece.

I took a wooden magazine rack. I painted it cream. Then I painted some lollies and sweets on it with acrylic paint. Then I wondered what I would do with it and put it back on the shelf. One day it might contain recipes for, well, lollies and sweets.

I quite liked it. It's not wonderful but I did actually do it myself and spent a bit of time on it. Of course it's not worth putting on Pinterest. Which is good because I don't understand Pinterest.

Here are some pictures for your delectation.




No comments:

Post a Comment