Sunday 13 July 2014

I have never... been to Bamboo Door

I'd never heard of a tiki bar so clearly hadn't been in one. I still don't really know what the difference is between that and a cocktail bar. By the time I'd got halfway down some kind of mango cocktail with a flower in it I didn't really care either.

Beautiful place - I love Leopold Square in the sunshine. Just for the people watching alone.

Gorgeous cocktails mixed by people in Hawaiian shirts. What's not to like?

Mason jar glasses I am now coveting.

It does get busy of course. We had to pounce for an outside seat and sat there longer than we should have making the most of the sunshine. A man and his family sat down next to us. He felt the need to assure me that even though he was drinking a cocktail he wasn't gay. I wasn't entirely sure what to say.

In short idyllic holiday like gem of a bar in Sheffield. With just a touch of Sheffield.

No comments:

Post a Comment