Tuesday 29 July 2014

I have never... had that expensive a hair cut

Obviously I have had a hair cut before, but not one that should have been £50. You have? Really? Wow.

So this is what happens when you haven't planned anything and have a need and window of opportunity for a haircut. It's also what happens when you work opposite an attractive quirky hairdressers and covert a life of being cool.

There was no-one else in the hairdressers. Apart from a young handsome man who washed my hair (again not something I've ever experienced), and two stylists - one with the obligatory large glasses and bushy beard which seems to go with 2014 cool.

My stylist was a lady. She was quirky, beautiful and probably the same age as me. She had one of those hairstyles that meant she couldn't quite see but I wasn't unduly concerned. The Tamper coffee was so good I was distracted.

The hair cut that followed was a lovely experience it has to be said. If tempered a bit by my underlying worry that it might be a bit pricey. I got that impression from the fact that the furniture was industrial chic and the floor concrete. Of course I hadn't checked the price before I got there - that would have been too organised and would have made me look like I wasn't the kind of clientèle they wanted.

So I learnt that straighteners are no longer really in. Which is a worry because my hair is mental.
I also learnt that I need leave in conditioner. Which was useful advice.

There was a quite a lot of touselling. During and after the hair drying. The sign of a great hairdresser presumably.

I left and they told me how much it was. I tried to look nonplussed and presumably failed as they then heavily discounted it because a)it was my first visit and b) I work across the road. Which was very nice of them, but probably not enough to get me back through the doors. Which is a shame because I loved every minute. 

I've never had a £50 hair cut before. I expect I never will again. Shame really.

No comments:

Post a Comment