Thursday 15 May 2014

The Rules

Ok so this is going to be fluid I suspect but so far I have come up with the following.

The things I do cannot be:

1. Illegal. I am not doing graffiti where it's not allowed or stealing any Starburst. I was once encouraged by a friend to spit chewing gum out in the street when I was ten and I still feel guilty about it now.

2. Dangerous. Obviously a bit of adrenalin is a good thing but if it's scary it has to be in controlled conditions. This rules out hitch-hiking and base jumping.

3. Vastly expensive. I can real off a number of countries I want to visit and activities I would like to partake in. It's not going to happen unless I get a PPI payment or find some diamonds down the sofa. I'll pay out a bit but flying that aeroplane might have to wait a bit.

They must be:

1. Something I have never done before.

2. Unusual. I will happily blog abou visiting any place or restaurant I haven't been to before but it may not count towards the 52. Unless it's something mad like the Fat Duck. And that's not going to happen - see number 3 above.

3. Achievable. A bit of realism here - I am a busy working mum of two with commitments and a lack of fitness. Attempting to walk the width of the country is unlikely to happen with the amount of holiday I get, not to mention my dodgy hips.

4. A stretch. This can be mentally or physically.

5. Often with friends.  Ok so it's unlikly I will be able to encourage someone to do everything with me. Mutual eye brow waxing just isn't really a thing. But looking at my friend's responses on Facebook it seems perhaps we are all looking for a bit of 'out of the ordinary', and if I organise things it just might be a draw to entice a few others to join me. If you weasel they will come. Or something.

That's it for now. There are only 8 and it feels like there should be 10. I'll work on the others while I chisel the first out of this block of granite.

No comments:

Post a Comment